Tuesday 16 February 2016

Swanmore for C&C.

Tuesday 16th February 2016.


Barnaby's Coffee Shop.
I started the day not feeling too great, having been woken early by a horrible nightmare. I had an appointment with my doctor anyway for a routine treatment so he was able to reassure me that my health is fine. Did a little light shopping for fruit and veg & crushed chilies and then went out in the garden in the fresh air to do a few chores. Had some lunch and received lovely messages from my Groupetta Friends.

St. Barnabas Church.
I Felt really perked up so decided to get Posh out and take him for a spin. My first thought was to go as far as the Milbury's and back. However, as so often happens with me I ventured a bit further and ended up in Swanmore. I had remembered noticing a Coffee Shop sign here last time I rode by with Simon and Andrew so thought I'd give it a try. It is in the complex of St. Barnabas Church. The coffee was excellent and the lemon cake I had was fine too. £3.30 for both so a fair price. 
Time to plan a return route now, so I headed into the Meon Valley and aimed for Exton and The White Way, being determined to have a crack at beating my PB. I did it!  My time was 1 sec less than 10 mins for the 0.9 of a mile. Average speed 5.8 m.p.h. It is of course all relative. My position on Strava for that segment is 2770/3053.

Once over the top at 619 feet I bombed down the lane from near The Milbury's to Kilmeston. Top speed 31.6 mph. This was also a PB of 4 mins 11 secs for the 1.3 miles, average speed 19.8 mph.

Still ice in the lane up to Tichborne even at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. 

Here are my map and other Garmin details:


Once again an enjoyable afternoon out on the bike.

Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment