Tuesday 9 February 2016

Shopping with Andrew.

Tuesday 9th February 2016. A gentle ride to pick up a few essentials.


There was some discussion among four of the Groupetta to ride at ten o'clock. But in the end only two of us managed to get out at 2 p.m. instead. 
Andrew and I agreed to do a short trip to enable him to pick up a few essential bits and pieces. We met at the builders merchants in the centre of Alresford and rode via Armsworth Hill and Hattingley to Medstead. Here we dived into the Aladdin's Cave that passes itself off as Medstead Hardware. Andrew emerged after about ten minutes with several essentials! Next we headed for Owen's Cycles for more stuff. Owen was in good form and managed to find several things that were needed by Andrew. I kept my wallet in my pocket this time. I told him I had offered Milo to my brother and then he came outside to see Posh and said he could see why I might find Posh to be more comfortable with the Zertz inserts in the forks both back and front.
Shopping done we were lured inside the cafe next door for C&C. Thanks Andrew for treating me. 
We had only done 10 miles so far, so instead of riding directly home, we took a weaving route around some lanes but even then we still didn't quite manage 22 overall. Because of the state of the lanes after the recent heavy rain we were unable to keep up a good pace, but it was still better than riding in the heavier traffic on the larger roads.
I was home just before 5. 
It was a particularly pleasing ride for me as earlier today I had felt distinctly under the weather, waking early (5.30 a.m.) feeling cold and  being unable to warm up. I thought I had picked up a cold or something. The ride has really perked me up.
Thanks Andrew for chivying me along.

GRIDIRONMAN.



No comments:

Post a Comment