Thursday 17 March 2016

Lovely day for a ride.

Thursday 17th March 2016.

Once again all my Groupetta Pals were otherwise engaged so it was another "billy no mates" ride. However I did get to meet a number of other mates at the pub and had a nice light lunch.
The big advantage of this kind of ride is of course you go where you want at whatever pace suits you. I did stop for an Americano at the Gliding Club in Lasham. Saw one glider take off and one land (maybe the same one, I'm not sure). It was great to sit in the sunshine and watch the various activities taking place.
The hill from Herriard to Upton Grey has a nasty pothole half way down right on the apex of a bend so take care if you are riding that way.
The verges were shining with little gold stars of celandines which open wide in the sun and close when it disappears. Also many primroses nestling like these in the bottom of a hedge.
I had been fighting a little against the NE breeze so I was glad of the easier spell through Upton Grey and Greywell, though that little pitch as you join the T junction on the edge of the village nearly caught me in the wrong gear.
I was at the pub before 12 and found Roger enjoying a cup of coffee whilst plotting a route home with the aid of his map.
We were soon joined by other familiar faces including  Bob had ridden from Chandlers Ford a distance of about 35 miles. Well done Bob.
Regrettably I had to leave by one o'clock due to family commitments later in the day. I chose a largely different way back but had to climb that hill from Upton Grey. 
I was home by 2.30 with plenty of time to have a shower and prepare for my grandaughter's visit for tea. 

Another good day out.





No comments:

Post a Comment