Friday 11 March 2016

HCMF Meet at The Half Moon and Spread Eagle, Micheldever.

Thursday 10 March 2016

It was a very uninviting morning at first but I was determined to enjoy meeting some of my pals at Micheldever, so I set off, past the Post Office to post a letter. Then I decided to go via the Candover Valley and North Waltham so I did not arrive too early. The wind was in my face until I turned at Axford, so my speed was well below my usual 11.5 mph. This was not important as I knew the wind would be behind me later on. Near Lasham airfield I stopped for a small snack and a drink and must have omitted to secure the cap of my snack bottle correctly for when I arrived at the pub it was missing. 
There was a modest number of riders once again, the usual regulars and not many more. I was able to sit with a couple of my favourite friends and we had an enjoyable time. 
A little later four more riders arrived from Winchester and points South. Three of whom I had not seen this year including Rodney who was sporting a black eye. Apparently he had a tumble from his bike two weeks ago and was knocked out, requiring the ambulance service. He has no idea how it happened. I'm glad to report that he had no serious consequences and seemed to be in remarkably good spirits. Well done Rodney.


My return route was another wriggly one to clock up a few miles more and to enjoy the fast descent from Northington Woods to Itchen Abbas and then the picturesque way through Ovington. I was still home by 14.45.
Today the sun is shining brightly, why couldn't it have been like that yesterday?

Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment