Sunday 9 August 2020

Txiki is Back!

After a good first week back riding again, it was time to arrange for Txiki to come home so I could have a ride on him. Steve brought him over and I soon repaired the scuffed and torn black bar tape with some insulating tape. Can hardly tell it has been damaged. There are scratches on the left brake/gear lever and left pedal but they are not immediately obvious.

I arranged with Paddy to have a ride together. Here is my report of the ride:-


 
No, I don't have a white beard, that's just sunshine!

My second E-Bike ride was one of necessity. I had an appointment to view a car in Droxford and needed to get there in an hour, with Beacon Hill in between I felt it was justifiable to use Txiki. I got there in just 52 minutes without getting too hot and sweaty.

As it was a hot day on Saturday I decided to have a ride in the evening. This worked well as I was invited to go to my daughter's for a Chinese Meal.  As she only lives six miles away I went a long way round via East Stratton. It was good to see the Northbrook Arms was open once more and advertising food. There were a lot of customers on the open space opposite, all well spaced out. 

Here is my ride report.

On Sunday Paddy and I decided to get out early to avoid the heat. The conditions were just about perfect. Temp only about 20 with a nice breeze. 
We noticed that the pub in Bighton is open again now renamed with its previous name "The Three Horseshoes". 
When we got back to de Lucy Avenue we had coffee and cake at the café à vélos no: 5. What a perfect way to end a good ride.


I am very pleased with how well I have been getting on. It seems that riding my bikes and using my hands has helped with my recovery. I have been following advice given by a hand therapist and doing exercises suggested by her.

I hope you are all managing in this warm weather. I have adapted to it quite well. Reminds me of when I lived in the tropics when it was like this for months on end. I think your blood gets thinner with time in that climate.

Gridironman.
































No comments:

Post a Comment