Sunday 23 August 2020

My Recovery Continues.

With showers around on many days and with the garden needing serious attention, my rides were restricted this week. However, one unplanned and welcome event was being able to meet up with the Alton CTC riders in Alresford. They were split into three groups at The Swan, The Station & The Courtyard Cafe. Dave Mackenzie rang me to see if I was at home, I told him I would join them at The Swan and did so a few minutes later. After a chat with that group, I moved on to The Station to see the others. I asked if I could join them, keeping safe distances, on their ride back to Alton. It was so good to see them all especially Janice who chatted to me as we rode along. I didn't see Frank who was in the third group until we were in Alton when he passed me going the other way!

The Station Group at Medstead.

My group at Medstead.


On Saturday we took our chances with the weather and four of us got together to test our little legs over the downs and back. Paddy, Simon and I were able to welcome our new cycling pal Reg. Ashe to join us.
It all went pretty well despite a couple of heavy showers, from which we were able to shelter under the trees. We got so little wet that we dried out as we rode.
`

The Three Megawatts.


After having had a bad night's sleep on Friday night I was a little sleepy and after a tasty home-cooked lunch with a glass of beer and halfway through the rugby match between London Irish and The Saints I started to nod off. Went and laid on the bed, the next thing it was two hours later and time for tea.




A good week achieving my target of at least 50 miles per week. The hands are so much better, but far from fully normal. My left ankle still playing up a bit too. 

Thank you all for your support, especially Paddy who is keeping a watchful eye on me.

Till next week, CHEERS!


Gridironman






No comments:

Post a Comment