Sunday 27 January 2019

TeeTee replaces Dobbin.

A very exciting week. After riding Paris with the LoTSW group on Wednesday I spent Thursday exchanging my faithfull Dobbin for a larger Motorhome (TeeTee) with more mod con to facilitate my cycle/camping holiday breaks. Then on Saturday Txiki provided a needed boost for me on the Winchester CTC ride to Poppies.


Tuesday 23rd January 2019





Thursday 24th January 2019.
Spent a large part of the day at Marquis Leisure in Upham trading in my Camping Car Dobbin for a newer, shinier and better-equipped motorhome, named TeeTee (Or just TT for short). She is Italian, a Trigano Tribute 550 on a Fiat Ducato base. The engine is a 2.3-litre diesel which far outpowers Dobbin, so I shall be able to maintain a good pace on my longer journeys. (I wonder what my MPG will be!)
The handover was very thorough and I was able to persuade them to include an excellent Fiamma bike rack, a full gas bottle, a freshwater hose and six months licence in the price. I do wonder how much of the detailed instructions on how to work everything I will remember by next week. However, they did emphasise that if I need any help I only have to ring them. They were true to their word when on Friday when I couldn't work out how to attach my bike Paris to the rack. They did it for me and showed me the key to success. (I obviously wouldn't do well at the Krypton Factor!) TT also comes with a warranty.












Saturday 26th January 2019.


Just spending today Sunday familiarising myself with the instruction manuals for TT.

I have already booked one away trip to York in the first week of May when the Tour de Yorkshire is on.

Gridironman.



No comments:

Post a Comment