Sunday 13 January 2019

Week 2 of 2019.



This week I seem to have become a regular E-Bike rider. I need to make sure it is not becoming a habit! I do have my excuses but maybe Bob was right and I am on that slippery slope away from proper road bikes. I have struggled a bit recently on Paris as is evidenced by the average speeds I've been recording. Maybe my little old legs haven't quite got the power they had. I don't really care as long as I can enjoy it whatever bike I ride. I have enjoyed the four very different rides I've had. They each have their good and bad points.

My first ride was on Tuesday 8th January with the Pedallers. We started from Old Basing. Here are the details:-


What I liked about this ride was the close friendship between the 9 of us who regularly ride together. The downside was having to use Dobbin to get to the start.

The second was on Thursday 10th January when I rode alone to join the HCMF at The Farmer's Home in Durley.


 This was a ride where I had no planned route so did what I love to do, just make it up as I go along. That and the friendship of the others at the pub made it a very social event. The downside was I didn't manage to persuade any of the AlresfordGroupetta to join me.

Then on Saturday 12th January, I joined a CTC ride. This was a large group of around 20 riders which means lots of stopping to regroup which I prefer to avoid. However, on the sunny side, it did enable me to say Happy New Year to many of my friends.


Our Mob! Picture by kind permission of Vicky.



To round off a good week I had a short ride on Sunday 13th January.




Don't be misled by the profile if you check it you will see that the difference between the lowest and the highest is only about 70 feet!

The good point for this ride was it was nice to say Happy New Year to the barmaid Sian who I have known for around 10 years. I don't think there was a downside!

Gridirnman.

No comments:

Post a Comment