Sunday 20 January 2019

Just Two Rides this Week


I have had a busy week dealing with a number of other matters and then today going for a woodland walk.

Tuesday 15th January was a chilly day but I had an enjoyable ride with the Pedallers. 

Then on Wednesday, the LOTSW group met at the Little Kitchen Bistro but as it was a very cold & wet day we all turned up without our bikes and just chatted for over an hour. First time I'd seen David this year.

Thursday 17th January after attending to other matters I joined the HCMF at Easton so another short ride.

     

On Saturday I didn't fancy a ride in the rain so went to Uppark in Dobbin for a bit of "me time". Discovered that  H.G. Wells had lived there when his mother was the housekeeper between 1890 & 1893. They have a lot of his books on sale there. 
It was not too wet when I arrived and I did manage a short walk in the garden as well as a visit to the servants quarters before enjoying a casserole in the cafe, but then the mist descended and the views were hidden. On my way home at the top of Stoner Hill, I was up in the clouds.

Sunday 20th January. I have had a good walk in the sunshine in Chawton Woods with my daughter Sarah and her dog Luna.

I have been hatching a plot to further enhance my motor-caravanning experiences following my successful trips of 2018. Watch this space!

Gridironman.











No comments:

Post a Comment