Sunday 31 December 2017

Last rides of 2017.


The Last Issue of the Blog On My Bike 2017. The next one will be On My Bike 2018!


With a mixed bag of weather and family and other social events taking place I only managed two rides this past week. 

Boxing Day 26th December 2017.








Saturday 30th December 2017.

Cycmon and I, being the only two of the Groupetta available and both feeling a little delicate, decided on a gentle ride of about 20 miles. All went well until just after we had passed Warnford I had a flat tyre. The first ever for Paris after about 2790 miles. I was lucky to have Cycmon with me. He took charge of the job and soon found the cause, a Hampshire flint, quite small but very sharp. It was only about another mile before we were in West Meon and I was able to reward Cycmon with coffee and cake at the little Cuppacheeno Cafe behind the village store. A number of other cyclists there most looking very muddy, but they had ridden along the old Meon Valley railway track. 
I set off up the slope to the centre of the village and realised that Cycmon was not behind me, so went back to find him. He was in deep conversation with another keen cyclist about the merits of Brooks saddles and many other matters. I listened as if to a foreign language as they moved on to the good and bad features of various gears, hubs etc.
As we neared Bramdean Common we found a lot of cars parked on the roadside. Then we heard a hunting horn and rounded the corner to find a large group of mounted horses with fox hounds. We paused to take pictures.
















We soon were back in Alresford having covered just about 22 miles. It had been an excellent ride apart from the puncture.


Don't forget to look at my other "pages", accessed through the tabs at the top of the blog, for updated details of my bikes and new data for 2017 complete with charts.

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.
Gridironman.



No comments:

Post a Comment