Saturday 23 December 2017

Seasonal Fun

A milder spell to end the week. This also meant the roads were much muckier as there was no sunshine and the roads remained very wet from gentle almost imperceptible drizzle at times. However it was a very jolly one for me, I met up with three different groups of pals. And enjoyed much banter and exchange of Christmas greetings. 

Unfortunately my Garmin 200 has continued to malfunction so I think it is probably worth getting a new Garmin 25 to start my 2018 records. I have had to reconstruct the routes and data from other sources but at least the Garmin unit has continued to record the overall mileage so I can be reasonably accurate.

With only one week to go before the New Year I am very pleased with what I have achieved and enjoyed during the year. I will be adding the 2017 data to a new page at the end of next week so for those of you who are "nerds" like me enjoy! I can't pretend to have clocked up the miles of some of the other CTC members. It will be fun looking at their data on Strava.

On the wild life side there has been a lot of activity in the gardens and hedgerows of many tits, including the long tail tits. Some very close sightings of Red Kite and also a welcome return to Kestrels. I am also amazed at the number of flowers showing out of season like primroses, common hogweed and roses.


Tuesday 19th December 2017.
Festive ride with the Pedallers.


Time to enjoy more of the festive season. I was keen to do something special for my Pedalling Pals so I suggested they should meet at my home, do a shortish ride and then enjoy coffee/tea and cakes there after the ride. With the weather being very frosty to start this worked perfectly as you can see from the details along with the map below. I hope I have set a precedent for the future!







Thursday 21st December.
HCMF Meet at The Brushmakers, Upham.





Saturday 23rd December 2017
With Winchester CTC over Christmas Hill.



Wishing you all "A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Gridironman.















No comments:

Post a Comment