Sunday 27 November 2016

Winds and Mist. Two fun rides!

Thursday 24 th November 2016.
Hampshire Hills and Dutch Hills* = Hard Work.


There were very strong winds coming from the NE so I knew it would be tough going to the HCMF meet at The Three Horseshoes, East Worldham, so I chose what I thought would be a sheltered route. Climbing up to Medstead through Bighton was mainly well sheltered except for one short stretch where it blew so hard I was on my granny gear on a gentle slope. Surprisingly it seemed less windy at the top (721 feet). Nearing the pub I was most surprised when a buzzard landed in the road only about 15 yards ahead of me. It took off again immediately but only flew to the top of the hedge so I passed it within a couple of yards, as soon as I was past it dropped down again onto the road kill it was after. Only half a mile later a much smaller bird did a similar thing. This time it was a Jenny Wren. What was she after?
At the pub only about 10 riders until the Fleet group arrived and doubled our numbers. No doubt the other regulars were meeting at an alternative venue. I did manage to have some useful discussions about the future management of the HCMF. I also received another donation to Angela's farewell present fund.


I must admit I was feeling pretty tired when I got home, I think the outward trip had taken more out of me than I imagined. Nevertheless it was another very satisfactory ride.

* Dutch hills = strong winds.


Saturday 26th November 2016.

An Interesting Trip to the Seaside.



A Turneresque View Near Hill Head.

Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment