Sunday 20 November 2016

A Game of Two Halves.

Only one ride this week as I have been enjoying some pre-Christmas visits to my friends and relations. However I have had time to deal with some office/computer work for Winchester CTC and for the Hampshire Midweek Fellowship during some of the wetter days.

Saturday 19th November 2016.


Summary of the Route and data for the two parts of the ride.

I didn't manage to get a shot of the whole group as we seemed to be strung out at the times when I had the opportunity to take pictures. These two were taken just before we arrived at the Lamb Inn. 

Our route out was over Farley Mount which only just tops 483 ft, but that road does undulate quite a lot so it is a great warmer! Just to test us more Steve took us back over the ridge to Braishfield saving the easier route along the Test valley and up the gradual climb to Crawley for  our return. Good planning Steve! I was grateful too that we took the shortcut into Mottisfont from Dunbridge as my little old legs were beginning to complain by then. However they did well on that gentle climb allowing me to catch Tim who had distanced me in Kings Somborne. 
The group did seem to fragment on the return trip as riders turned off in various places so by the time I got to Three Maids Hill I was accompanied by just Steve and Ken.
It was another day for catching up with friends , meeting Mary, Margaret and Paul who I'd not seen for a while.


Gridironman.


No comments:

Post a Comment