Sunday 13 November 2016

Forays to the West and East.

Two very different rides this week. The first on Paris my "best bike", along with seven friends. The second on my "winter bike" Sporty on my own. Both most enjoyable. I find the companionship of my friends very important to me, but I still enjoy my solo expeditions too.

Tuesday 8th November 2016.




Don't forget you can see the maps and other pictures full screen if you click on one of them.

Sunday 13th November 2016.

After the heavy rain last night leaving the roads wet and strewn with gravel in places I chose to ride Sporty with Schwalbe Marathon Tyres and mudguards. Once again the colours of the trees and hedgerows were brilliant in the sunshine which lasted all day. 

First place for show was this hedge of hips. But many of the trees still have a lot of very colourful leaves too.
Traffic was light and I saw surprisingly few other cyclists though I did meet and chat with two in Liss at my first coffee stop.








One section of my ride was off road. Guess which "split" that was. It was across a golf course and through some very interesting woods. I had to walk for a short while as the track disappeared and became a footpath. Shortly after that I came across this giant golf ball. 

Where was I?

I had a couple of longish hills to climb, the hardest was the climb from near Bentley, through Lower Foyle to the Golden Pot, but even that one was climbed without resort to my lowest gear. In fact I set a new PB on that climb, much to my surprise. Maybe I haven't ridden it on one of my faster bikes.

I did notice however that the last climb of the day from Swarraton to Abbotstone Common took me three minutes longer than my best time, I obviously was getting tired by then.


Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment