Sunday 30 October 2016

A day out with the V.C.C.

Sunday 30th October 2016.


Only one ride this week as I have had to take it easy due to a sore left knee. Cycmon had invited me to join him on a ride with the VCC Hampshire Lightweights. So we drove to Fishbourne to meet the other guys and gals. We were all mounted on veteran bikes. My mount was one of Cycmon's a 1967 Viking Severn Valley.
There were 38 of us in all when we set off just after 10.30. We did split into a couple of groups to minimise the effect on traffic. The terrain was very level, so I was not seriously affected by the lack of gears and toeclips. 
It was a most enjoyable day out with the focus being firmly on enjoying both looking at the old bikes and riding them too. After less than ten miles we stopped for a break. I was not hungry so made do with a pint of John Smiths and a bag of crisps. We had a long break to enable everyone to enjoy refreshments and chat and of course to inspect one another's bikes.

Boaters Cafe with some of our group enjoying their break.
 Some of the views of the day with many interesting boats in the nearby marina.





After our break we continued a very zig-zag path along the very interesting coast. At Bosham I had a Cornish pastie and a coffee as I had not eaten at our first stop, meanwhile most of the others had ice creams. It was fortunate that the tide was out in Bosham as it allowed us to ride the road which is covered at high tide.

Bosham Quay and Church.



Back at Fishbourne we enjoyed yet another refreshment stop and chat before setting off to return home with a fantastic sunset to admire on our way with the red sun light beautifully making the autumn trees glow.

Thanks Cycmon for taking me out of my rut! 

The knee did not cause me too much of a problem, I will see how it feels tomorrow before deciding if I am riding on Tuesday.

I have added another bike to my Bikes page. One I had forgotten about as i had it for such a short time.
Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment