Sunday 9 October 2016

Autumn Sun and my eighth Gridiron.

Tuesday 4th October 2016.

Winchester CTC ride to Whitchurch & Wherwell.



Thursday 6th October 2016













Sunday 9th October 2016.

PinkPal Near Hyde.
I decided to drive alone to join the ride ahead of my two pals Cycmon and PinkPal to enable them to ride at their own pace and not have to hang around for me. The plan worked well with them starting half an hour behind me, they caught up with me at the second check in Hyde. 
My Garmin decided not to co-operate switching itself off twice. I did however manage to edit the details by other means. 
It was cold at first, but I soon warmed up with riding in the lovely sunshine.  

Nearly there!

I enjoyed riding with some other participants and chatted to some as we rode. The hardest hill of the day came after we had passed through Brockenhurst and across the A35 to climb Bolderwood Drive and I dropped back from two of them I'd chatted with, but I did see them later. It was hard work riding across the old Stoney Cross airfield as we had a strong headwind. This worked to our advantage when we turned west along Roger Penny Way. I tucked in behind a group of Venta riders for a while and was amazed how much easier it was drafting behind them. 

My Two Pals Get Cracking.
I had to stop for a short personal break when I felt a bit "wobbly" in need of a snack bar and another drink. The refreshment and a stop of about 5 minutes worked well and I had no further problems. I was pleased to be Joined by my two pals at Hyde, it was great to ride together for the last 23 mile.


Alresford Groupetta Trio at the finish.
(Is that my star award on my bike?)

I was very happy with my performance, although I had no idea until I looked at the data afterwards that I had managed so well. Not quite as good as I did two years ago, but better than the other 6 times.

Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment