Sunday 10 May 2015

Lunch at Lasham Gliding Club.

Friday 8th May. Once more my daughter Sarah took over care duties so I could get out on Posh for a ride. 

My route was through Old Alresford and Swarraton and up the Candover Valley. In Brown Candover I came across this interesting  scene:

Police car and Two Breakdown Trucks attend the scene.

Baker's Flatbed backing into position to unload the cargo. 

Baker's Truck in position.
Note the ladder to access the cargo.

BUILDBASE TRUCK in the Candover Brook.
I wonder why he drove onto the grass verge? Perhaps he was trying to pass another vehicle and misjudged the width?
I only had three hours so needing to have some lunch I chose not to stay to watch what happened next but to go on to the Gliding Club. I figured that I would get served quickly there whereas the nearby Avenue Garden Centre is always busy and it sometimes takes a while to get served. The GC usually have a choice of three ready cooked meals. On this occasion the choice was Fish & Chips, Beef Curry or Cheesy Pasta Bake. All three looked delicious. I chose the curry and found it to be very tasty without being too hot. (Mango chutney and poppadom on the side.) I also had a very large cup of coffee, all for  £7.80.

It tried to rain while I was in the Club but fortunately nothing much came of it and I was able to return home in the dry.

Near Lasham airfield there was a dead badger.

Lots of spring flowers out now in profusion and most trees have greened up substantially since last weekend.. The bluebells near Ellisfield filling the air with a lovely perfume. Also the more pungent smell of the wild garlic. Other flowers in abundance were dandelions, cow parsley, white dead nettle, stitch-wort & garlic mustard. The barley is already in ear and there is a lot of oil seed rape in the fields.

I was back just before my three hours were up having had another exhilarating ride the details of which are here:


Alresford Groupetta News.

Not up to our usual high standard. for a variety of reasons, mainly health related. Unless anyone has sneaked in another ride today that I don't know about we have only managed a total of 69 miles between us all. PinkPal leading with 41 whilst I managed a token 28!
We promise to try and do better.


GRIDIRONMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment