Sunday 26 January 2020

Surprisingly Another "Ton Up"


Oast Houses in East Worldham.
A reminder that hops used to grown in this corner of Hampshire.

My week started badly when on Tuesday, after a sleepless night, I was not feeling too chipper, so I cancelled my ride with the Pedallers. However, after going back to bed for a couple of hours more sleep and a lazy day I felt much better. 

Then on Wednesday 22nd January, I went out on Txiki to test him after the freewheel replacement and also to check myself. We both came through with flying colours.




Orchard with apples lying on the ground.
Possibly too costly to pick

On Wednesday. lane near Cheriton Mill
still flooded with slush & ice.


Then on Thursday 23rd January, I rode again, this time to join the HCMF at the Three Horseshoes.


Saturday 25th January 2020.
Winchester CTC Easy Ride.

Stoke Charity Church.

Only a few miles ridden, no wonder they all look so fresh.



Carrie, three from the right, has successfully herded her cats at the bottom of Ashley Hill. 
If you are not in one picture maybe you are in the other!

Don't forget if you click on a picture you can see it screen size.

I was surprised to see that the highest point of the day was on the Old Sarum Road, just west of the junction with Kilham Lane.  I guess the gradual climbs through the outskirts of Winchester don't seem to register like some of the others.

I was very pleased to meet so many of my friends throughout the week to enjoy their company. Thank you all. I also managed to connect with my son in law Steve who was, quite by chance, at the cafe with his own group of cycling friends.

Total miles for the week 113.7, my first "Ton" of the year.

Gridironman.

1 comment:

  1. Bryce, that's a great mileage with the current road conditions (mud, floods and gravelly bits). You put me to shame by about 40 miles! Happy cycling and take care.😊

    ReplyDelete