Sunday 2 February 2020

An Unlucky Week!


Took advantage of the mild weather to tidy my garden today, Sunday 2nd February 2020 so that I can more easily see and enjoy the many flowers that are out.


Lenten Rose.
I have been blessed over the last few years with mostly good luck but my good fortune seemed to run out on Tuesday when along with two others I had a punctured tyre. The day had started badly with my water bottle leaking onto my top layer of clothes whilst in transport, this meant I was short of cover on what was a very chilly day with a strong westerly breeze. That led to my being thoroughly chilled whilst hanging around for repairs. I felt quite unwell at one stage but once my puncture had been repaired getting riding again, as hard as I could, improved my circulation & made me feel better.
The following day when Andrew was working on Txiki, topping up the sealant inside my tyre, he discovered I had a broken spoke in the back wheel. Quite tricky to replace because of the gear cluster and brake disc. He has ordered a new replacement so I hope Txiki will be ready again shortly. 


Spot me and my bike in the middle of the scrum as my pals rally round to fix my flat!



A selection of the flowers open in my garden today. February 2nd, 2020.




















Saturday 1st February I rode to Kings Worthy to collect a small car which I am borrowing for a while from my son in law, Steve, to enable me to pay a few social visits to friends and family before the camping season starts.

Cheers,
Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment