Sunday 14 October 2018

A Momentous Week.

The serene River Test, near Longstock.

I have had a busy week with my bikes. First on Tuesday an excellent day out with the Pedallers, then on Thursday a solo ride to join the HCMF. Next, I sold Scottie with Simon's help to a young couple. The bike was just the right size for the young lady who seemed very pleased with her purchase.
Then on Friday, I went to Farnham to collect my newest and most expensive bike an Orbea Gain D30. A close relative of the one I mentioned last week. I looked at the Carbon M20 but decided that although it was a great bike it was too expensive and was more of a racing bike than the D30 which is an alloy frame with carbon forks and seat post, complete with attachment points for mudguards, so more practical. the running gear is Shimano 105 the same as I have on Paris. (Ultegra gear was £400 dearer). I was torn by the choice of colours and in the end, I opted for the traditional Euskadi colour orange. (Two ladies consulted were in favour of that choice!).

After the rain had cleared on Saturday, I took Txiki for a first ride. It was a success. I worked almost as hard as I usually do but finished up with an average speed of about 2 m.p.h. higher than normal. Did the circuit through Bishop's Waltham in about 30 mins less than before.

Here are my usual pocket reports of my rides:-

Tuesday 9th October.


Thursday 11th October.



Saturday 13th October.





Decided not to ride the Gridiron today as I didn't fancy getting drenched.

Don't forget you can look at my BIKES by clicking the Tab at the top. 


Ex? Gridironman


































No comments:

Post a Comment