Sunday 1 April 2018

Soggy Roads.




I have been watching the program on TV following seven people walking the Camino de Santiago. I found it very interesting and reflecting on how it had affected them I realized that in many ways their pilgrimage was like my experience riding the M2M in 2016. It is a challenge and needs some determination to do it. The rewards are immense, making many new friends, seeing new places, enjoying the countryside and sights along the way and feeling on top of the world. I was blessed by having 15 others to ride with who all had their own challenges. We got along so well that I am in regular contact with most of the group. I am planning to meet up with two of them in April to renew our friendship and hopefully to have a couple of rides together. In the meantime I am trying to stay fit and prepare Dobbin for my trip.

This is my Saturday outing:-



Saturday 31st March 2018.




After a very wet week I was inclined to go out whatever the weather. In fact it was not too bad at all. I was away just before 11 a.m. and had little idea of where I was going. I was on Sporty who had not been out for a ride for ages but I found he was going well so I decided to go to the Golden Glider, Lasham. It started to drizzle as I stopped to take my picture in Brown Candover but that didn't last long. In Preston Candover I met a couple of riders who had stopped to fix a flat. Since getting home I have identified one of them by using Strava Fly Bys and have sent him a message In Ellisfield
I was scared out of my skin when someone fired a shot gun just the other side of the hedge. A number of other shots rang out, pigeon shooting?
There were a few other bikes about and fortunately not too many cars. Nice piece of Bakewell Cherry Cake and a coffee at The Golden Glider and then a ride home in much nicer weather, except for the last half mile!
Not much to report regarding wild life, lots of daffodils , a number of Robins singing, a few blackbirds and a squirrel. No Kites.

Sunday April 1st 2018.


Was it an April Fools Day. Not at all I had a lovely morning. 
Continued to ride Sporty testing whether he would be a better choice than Posh for my Camper Car outings. He does have slightly lower gears than Posh but he is also a few pounds heavier which rather negates the advantage, I also find him harder to climb onto, so I think I will stick to my original decision to take Posh. (Don't want to risk Paris.) 
Thanks to all my friends both new and old for supporting me on my many rides and in many other ways. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment