Sunday 17 May 2020

My Lockdown Week 9

I am sure all of us have seen the Guys around the area showing support for the NHS. I have been tempted to share some pictures of them but there are so many it has been hard to choose the best. This one seen in Kilmeston was one that appealed to me. A week ago the lady on the horse was sunbathing on a sunbed!



Here is my map and data for my ride on Thursday 13th May.


On my way home I noticed that a plaque had been added to the new avenue of trees on the approach to Bishop'sSutton and smaller signs had been added at the foot of each tree with service men's names on them. Here is the explanation.


The Avenue.


As it was earlier in the year.

On Saturday 16th May on my way to Odiham, I spotted Florence on the hill leading up to Medstead. 


After I had taken the picture I went to set off again and was horrified to hear a loud pop and a hiss from my front tyre. Yes, you have guessed it, a puncture. A lady on a horse I'd just passed told me to pop back down the road to her stable where I could get help from her husband. I then noticed that the hissing had stopped and I found the sealant had done its job. The tyre was still well inflated so I decided to carry on. It was still quite hard when I got home some 35 miles later. 


Apart from my two rides this week I have been getting plenty of exercise and fresh air in the garden either weeding or sitting ready my book and listening to the birds.

Hope you are all keeping well. Take Care!

Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment