Sunday 25 August 2019

A most exceptional week.

It has been a great week for me once again. I feel so lucky to be able to enjoy my cycling so much, both on my own and with friends.

 My three rides were all so blessed with fine sunshine too.


View to the north from the Purbeck Hills Military Area

Monday 19th August 2019.



Thomas Hardy's ashes are interred in Westminster Abbey but his heart is buried in Stinsford Churchyard.

Tuesday 20th August 2019.



My four pals from the Pedallers who rode the Dorset Coastlet with me. We were ably led by Dave who knows the route by heart. BryceNav was not much help on this occasion!


As you may notice my finishing point on the map at 66.6 miles is 1,7 miles from the actual end of my ride, this is due to my Garmin battery running out. It seems it only has a life of about 6 hours. I managed to extend this by turning it off at lunch but doing that saves the ride and splits it into two, so I have to stitch the two parts together. If I had done that at the tea stop too it would have been OK. But that would have meant 3 segments to join. Thankfully Txiki's battery was fine being not much more than 50% depleted due to a conservative use.


The Chesil Beach as seen from the ranges.

The Admiral Hardy Monument.

Sunday 25th August 2019.


What a way to celebrate what would have been our 59th wedding anniversary. Perhaps that is what inspired me today!

Total miles for the week: 128.5 Average per week this year 99.2. Am I going to be the cycling equivalent of Don Bradman who averaged 99 in his test match career?

Best wishes to all my readers.


Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment