Sunday 4 November 2018

Two E-Bike Rides.

The time seems to have flown by since I bought Txiki on October 12th. Since then I have had six rides on him totalling 281 miles. It has been a very interesting experience and I have gained enough knowledge to know how best to make use of the available assistance. Txiki is designed to provide enough assistance without completely taking away the effort of the rider. The way it has worked for me has been just what I had hoped. I can also judge when planning a ride which of my three bikes to ride depending on the expected speed and the type of climbing to be encountered.

Both rides this week have been over 50 miles and both riding with the Winchester CTC. They were very similar but one was a little faster over more hills so I needed assistance more often. This shows clearly in the amount of assistance used.

Here are the details:-

Tuesday 30th October 


Saturday 3rd November.

Once again we have been lucky with the weather. Both rides were in fine but chilly weather with no sign of rain. I skipped the HCMF meet this week as that day was not so good with a damp start to the day. With that and the fact that the chosen pub, The Horse & Groom, is only .75 miles away from home made me decide to walk to join the usual group of regular attendees. I had a good time and after a couple of drinks walked home to cook my own lunch.


Gridironman


No comments:

Post a Comment