Monday 20 August 2018

Only 20+ miles!

It has been a very sorry tale of little riding this past week due to a number of different circumstances.

I was very busy with domestic and garden matters on Tuesday so did not join the Pedallers. On Wednesday I had a number of family and charity matters to deal with and the LotSW group were not riding so I thought I'll get a good ride in on Thursday, with Simon, going to the HCMF meet at North Waltham. It was pouring with rain when I woke on Thursday and continued all morning so Simon and I agreed not to go. By 2 o'clock it had stopped raining and by teatime the roads had dried out so I thought I'd pop to the pub on the bike by a roundabout route. Here are the details:-


I had planned to join Steve and the Winchester CTC ride on Saturday but when I woke on Saturday morning I had symptoms similar to those I had last year when I had a suspected TIA. I rang 111 and after I'd described my symptoms they sent an ambulance. I spent the morning in hospital being checked over numerous times until eventually I was told that it is quite likely I have never had a TIA but that there is some other reason for the tingling sensations I have been having. I have to go on Wednesday for a further consultation but in the meantime, I have been told I should carry on was normal including cycling, but not to overdo it!

Yesterday I did a little gardening and this morning I have enjoyed following the progress of many of my friends on Strava, especially PinkPal and Andy who have both done over 100 miles in the week and have been jointly awarded the TUK medal.

Watch this space for further news in due course!

Gridironman.



No comments:

Post a Comment