Sunday 26 August 2018

Back to normal.


I am very happy that after my scare on Saturday last a scan at the RHCH on Wednesday showed no signs of a clot, blockage or bleed in my brain. (As the consultant said, "There is nothing there!").

A VERY HAPPY BUNNY!

He had already told me there was no need to stop cycling, in fact he encouraged me to keep it going. So on Tuesday 21st August I went out with The Pedallers.




Thursday 23rd August was a good day for me to cycle to join the HCMF as I needed to consult with my helpers to finalise the programme for the last four months of 2018. This has now been done and circulated to online members. Those who still live in the days of snail mail will have to wait a couple more days. Thankfully there are only 4 of those now.






Then on Saturday, 25th August, it seemed like a good idea to bank a weekend ride as it seems likely there would be rain on Sunday. So I went for a gentle ride to Lasham with my pal Cycmon.



Sunday 26th August. After a rather emotional day yesterday I was woken this morning by a horrible dream at a quarter to six. Decided that to exorcise the demons from my head I would go for a solo bike ride. I love riding Paris, he seems to want to fly along and I enjoy riding fast (well fast for me). As I concentrate on what I am doing all negative thoughts are blown away in my slipstream. 
I set off at 7 a.m. with little idea of where I was heading. I soon found myself climbing through Kilmeston and thought it would be nice to bomb down Wheeley Down. I was pleased when I got home to discover that I clocked a new PB doing so.
Another PB going up Lippen Lane. (So it's not just "no brakes Bryce"). Only managed a second best up the steepest hill of the day, (Filmore Hill Lane) but I was not disappointed with that.
As I rode through Privett and West Tisted I could see the rain clouds coming so I turned for home through Lyewood. As I descended through Ropley it started to spit with rain drops but didn't come to much until after I was safely home. A most enjoyable early morning ride, I must try them more often. 


I think I have done enough to stand a chance of winning the TUK medal this week but there have been some strong challenges from the other Groupetta riders so I must wait until the day is over and Strava has been updated to find out.

A week with many mixed emotions but with the encouragement of my many good friends I have survived extremely well. You know who you are, MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

GRIDIRONMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment