Sunday 14 January 2018

Mixed Fortunes.


Due to other committments and health issues I only managed two rides this past week.  On Tuesday I was unable to join the pedallers due to a painful strain in my thigh. It had started on the ride on Saturday and although it was much better by Tuesday morning I felt it wise to rest it for another day. Just as well I stayed at home as the electrician called to connect my new cooker.

The thigh was fine by Wednesday 10th January so I joined the LOTSW group. Here are my data and map for the day:-

After I left the other two, near Northington I passed Martyn on his way home too I guess. I am not sure if he recognized me as I called out and stopped for a chat but he did not stop. At the top of the rise near Mollie's Dismount No:2 I stopped to take some pictures of a helicopter using my new camera to try out the zoom. The pictures were not a great success as it was difficult getting the aircraft into the frame. However, I did learn more about the camera.


Thursday 11th January 2018.






Despite my problem with the puncture I did enjoy my day with a good number of riders at the pub for a chat, though by the time we had got the bike back in shape to ride home time was getting on and the majority had gone . Half a dozen kept me company while I ate lunch and Mick even offered to buy me a beer. I declined as it should have been me buying him one. So, Mick, next time I see you I will make sure I treat you to one. 

I was offered a lift by John who had come by car. I was also reminded by Don that it is a good idea to carry one's bus pass as that can be useful if the problem cannot be fixed. The bike can always be left somewhere safe and collected later on or the next day.

I have had a busy weekend with my daughter visiting me for lunch on Saturday. She helped my clear out some of my old clothes to go to Oxfam. I also had a long overdue go at reorganizing my utility room and garage. I took two loads of rubbish to the tip and another load of recyclables to friends and family!

Phew!

Gridironman.



























No comments:

Post a Comment