Friday 12 May 2017

Manche to Med. Reunion and more.

I have had a wonderful three days enjoying a reunion with six of my companions from our Fantastic Manche to Med ride last June. We met in Royal Sutton Coldfield and had three good rides.
The weather was a little on the chilly side due in part to a strong North wind. However we had no rain so that was a blessing.
The countryside was much more rural than I had expected with many winding lanes with scattered villages. The roadsides were decorated with wild flowers, cow parsley, bluebells, dead nettles, green alkanet, buttercups and dandelions. The farms are mainly arable with potatoes and other cash crops, as well many fields of oil-seed rape to tickle our noses. It was much flatter than I had expected, in one area I thought I was back in Holland with ditches instead of hedges.

The Magnificent Seven.


Sunday 7th May 2017.



Monday 8th May 2017.





In Memoriam of my School Pal Peter Swayne

Peter was in the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them. or the years condemn,
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

At the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month
the sun shines through the slot.

Another Fleet Air Arm Memorial.

Tuesday 9th May 2017

The Famous Five go Cycling.


My Pals at the Marina,
Barton-under-Needwood.

Narrow Boats moored at the marina.


Thursday 11th May 2017.



A fantastic week to date. Any more rides this week will be in my next report.

Best wishes to you all,

Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment