Sunday 14 May 2017

Busy Weekend

Saturday 13th May 2017.




A nice gentle ride to help Paddy get back his full fitness. We enjoyed a nice break at "The Golden Glider", Lasham. I had a very tasty hunter's chicken as I'd not had lunch while Paddy contented himself with a coffee and a cake. It was warm enough to sit outside as long as we sheltered from the cool breeze. Paddy left me far behind on the descent of Armsworth Hill. "Weight and Gravity" he claimed.

Sunday 14th May 2017.


I was deserted by my mates as they had a variety of excuses not to ride today. Am I using the wrong aftershave?
I decided to head South and East, but had no clear plan. In the event I climbed Old Winchester Hill by the sneaky back way, I'm not sure it is any easier than the direct way up from Warnford.
A lot of cyclists out and about all happily exchanging greetings. At the Sustainability centre I met groups from all over Hampshire and chatted to a lady from Fareham who runs Breeze Rides. 


To extend my ride I went via Ramsdean and Steep. Surprisingly my fastest speed of the day was from Ramsdean towards Stroud and not the hill from the Sustainability centre towards East Meon. I guess it is because the road surface is much smoother there.



I visited the little Church in Froxfield and marvelled in the beautiful stained glass windows.


Near Privett I discovered these lovely houses tucked away in a fold in the valley.






My only PB for the day was from Cheriton to the ford, thanks to a pint of "pots"?

Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment