Thursday 2 January 2014

Lasham Circuit.

Welcome to my 2014 blog! 


I did manage one more ride in 2013 on Saturday, December 28th.

This brought my total miles for the year to 3,367.
My route was south to Bishop's Waltham. I choose to use the back lane from Beauworth Village to The Milbury's. This is much quieter and is less steep than the main road. 
One of several fallen trees encountered on my ride.
As I descended Beeches hill through the village of Ashton, on impulse, I decided to investigate Little Ahton Lane. The lane was almost blocked by a fallen tree but I managed to squeeze past it and was soon into the hamlet of Dean. I turned back towards B.W. and enjoyed a very different view of Ashton on the hill above me. 
From B.W. I headed east to Swanmore  and then north through Upper Swanmore towards Beacon Hill. I caught up with another cyclist and we rode together for a couple of miles before he turned of to return to B.W.
Once over Beacon Hill I made good speed home arriving there almost on the dot of one. Perfect timing for lunch and then to sit and watch sport.
Anyone interested can see my Garmin record for the day here:



Today, January 2nd, I enjoyed my first ride of the year in bright sunshine. I needed my peaked cap under my helmet to shade my eyes from the low sun.
The other members of the Alresford Groupetta were all busy with other matters, like work! So, I rode on my own over very familiar roads. 
The rooks and jackdaws were very active and I saw a red kite near Preston Candover. A  few robins singing too. Apart from a few delivery vans the country roads were very quiet and I only saw about 15 other cyclists. 
I called at the Lasham Gliding Club for a coffee and chatted with a motorcyclist before returning home via Bentworth, Medstead, Four Marks and Ropley.
Here are my map and data for the day:


A very pleasant ride to kick off the new year, not too demanding.



Gridironman.



No comments:

Post a Comment