Tuesday 5 November 2013

Banishing Monday Morning Blues!


Monday 4th November 2013. 
Took advantage of a lovely sunny morning and headed out towards Swanmore. It was quite cold despite the sun but I soon warmed up climbing up to the top of Beacon Hill & through the village of Kilmeston. The next mile is great fun, a gentle downhill to Corhampton Golf Club where the smell of bacon wafted through the air! Tell me Bill, is that what gets you golfers going?

The road down to Swanmore was a bit tricky. In the sunlight and shadows it was hard to see the rough patches, potholes and leaf litter, so I kept my speed down. 

I still had plenty of time to get home before lunch so I decided to visit the Waltham Chase Bike Shop. A dangerous thing to do when there are sales on. The owner has reduced his 2013 models to try and clear space for the 2014 models. So go and have a look if you are thinking of a new bike. I was very much taken with a Giant Rapid! Perhaps I should put it on my list for Santa. (Note to self: "Beware of the slippery slope of mutiple bikes!")

My route home was the shortest through Bishop's Waltham and up the Beeches Hill past the White Horse which seems to be under major refurbishment.

Near home I rode through Tichborne to the ford to see how the improvement work was progressing. It seems it is just about finished. The entry and exit ramps have been reconcreted and more importantly the footpath/bridge has been greatly improved. Here are a couple of snaps of the ford.

Looking East. Note the wider bridge and tarmacced access.


Looking West.

No comments:

Post a Comment