Sunday 10 November 2019

Keeping the Pedals Turning.


Whilst I have no ambition to try and rival the gentleman who has cycled a million miles I too am a bit of a number cruncher. The tally for this week is 138.4 miles giving me a total so far this year of 4,543. Seven weeks still to go to get my total to 5,200. My best annual total over the last few years was 5,822 in 2016. That included my best ever tour across France which was about 800 miles.

However, the main point of cycling isn't to break records but to have fun and enjoy the countryside. This week has been good for that with three very different rides. The first with The Pedallers, the second with Simon to join the HCMF meet at the George, St. Mary Bourne, and the third a solo ride to the south of Alresford. The weather has been kind to us here in Hampshire. We shouldn't complain about the few spots of rain we have had when some folk in the north have been flooded out of their homes.

Today, with all the memorial events taking place I looked out for interesting sightings as I rode. This was the Lychgate at Swanmore.



Tuesday 5th November 2019.







Thursday 7th November 2019.



Chinook hiding in the woods.!

Sunday 10th November 2019.




My Lunch Break Spot.
Where is it?








Gridironman.









No comments:

Post a Comment