Sunday 2 June 2019

More fine days with friends.

It has been another good week for me, enjoying three very different rides.


Basing Park Colours.

Tuesday 28th May.

Thursday 30th May.



After lunch at East Meon, I headed North up the steep Park Hill towards Bordean. After climbing the steepest part I found this tranquil little pond by Park Farm and paused for a break.

Newly discovered pond near East Meon.

The resident Moorhens.

 I have over the years been intrigued as to the course of the Meon valley railway after it crosses the A272 near the West Meon Hut. I have studied the maps and decided to try and find out the location of the North end of the Privett Tunnel. I found it on Hempland Lane right beside the road opposite a house. The cutting has largely been infilled and very mature trees are growing there. The Southern end is not accessible by road but I think it might be by a footpath.


Tunnel Parapet.

The northern end of the Privett Tunnel.



















Saturday 1st June.

Gridironman

No comments:

Post a Comment