Sunday 24 February 2019

First Signs of Spring.

Welcome to the Springlike sunshine and warmer weather!
My week started poorly when I slept badly on Sunday night and stayed in bed half of Tuesday with a horrible cold. However, I seem to have recovered much quicker than last time and I was able, not only to get out on a bike on Thursday and again on Saturday but to actually ride one with no E-assistance.

The wildlife seems to be appreciating the change in the weather with more spring flowers appearing and the birds getting active with their nest building. The nearby heronry and rookery both seem to have become much noisier.

Near Axford, Simon and I were lucky to see five red kites circling a field where a farmer was cultivating, no doubt after the worms etc. Then just a mile further on close to Ellisfield we saw four deer in a field going into the woods. Two of them with quite large antlers. 

Here are my ride reports.











































Gridironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment