Monday 15 March 2021

Some good days others not so good!

 It has been something of a curate's egg over the past 7 days. 

Last Tuesday I took my daughter for a walk around Hillier's Arboretum. Thanks to my friend Kathy I have joined and as a member I can visit as often as I like and I can take a friend on three occasions. 

We had a very good afternoon enjoying the spell of warm sunshine. We paused a few times to give my back a rest and to have a cuppa and cake. We enjoyed talking to other visitors and members of the staff too, whilst respecting their distance.

I recorded our walk but forgot to turn the recording off so I have had to edit the Strava record. The original showed our ride home, so I have removed that portion.



On Friday I went for my second jab at the Holiday Inn near the Percy Hobbs Roundabout.
All went smoothly and when I got back home I walked into town to collect some pills from the Wessex Pharmacy. I spotted that Dave's Fish & Chips was open for takeaway so picked up a pensioner's portion. It was a good size piece of fish and a very generous portion of chips, so I froze half for future use.




Unfortunately in the evening of Friday my arm began to hurt quite a lot and I felt alternately hot and shivery. I took some paracetamol but slept very poorly as both my shoulders hurt to lay on and sleeping on my back is always a problem. 

I was up and down several times in the night but after a cuppa at 6 a.m. I started to feel better so got back in bed and went to sleep until I was awoken by a knock on the door at 10.30 a.m. A friend calling to check if I was OK!. 

As the day went on I realised that all the pain had gone and I was back to my normal rickety state.

On Sunday I was tempted to go out but decided instead to try and do some gardening. I managed to scarify the front lawn and rake up the loose moss. It took ages as passing folk kept stopping to chat. It was hard work but lovely too.

Today I have been working on my Family History project but i did find time to enjoy a stroll (?) around the block.




Of course, I did find time to watch three rugby matches. Some very good rugby was played too. I always enjoy watching the French when they find their flair. Reminded me of one of my favourite French players Jean Pierre Reeves who was a top flanker for France in the seventies if I remeber correctly. I played the same position when I was at school.

Enough of my prattling, best wishes to you all and don't forget still to "Take Care".

Gridironman.


No comments:

Post a Comment